Sunday, August 22, 2004

NYC is too much

Friday night ate a Brazilian Grill. It was ok, but not great.

Saturday morning a few of us went to Ground Zero. My heart sinks everytime I think about how not only the lives of those who died on 9-11-2001 was destroyed, but the lives of all those who constructed and maintained the World Trade Center complex were devasated. It's like you constructed a peice of art and it's ruined or broken. It's like God awarding you the gift of creating a life and before the child has a chance to take it's first breath it's over. I am thankful for the state of health I have and have had in my short life.

Went to Little Italy Saturday night. Enjoyed the company and the scenery. The crowd was pleasant as there were only a few weirdos. I am getting real acquainted the subway system here, it's not so bad. After you think of the history, the subway system is really a work of art. Much better than our transit system in Atlanta.

Sunday morning went to the Intrepid Sea and Air Museum. It was worth the visit. Wanted to go to Central Park, but did not have the time. The weather was great and I'm sure the scenery would be good.

Visited the Barnes and Noble on 6th and 22nd and it is huge. Lot's of books, but not one in particular that I wanted. Got some other books though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home