Friday, August 27, 2004

In NYC for one more week

Tuesday night I took the "D" train to Coney Island. It was interesting, but afterward I understand the puzzled look the lady gave me when I asked if there were any good places to eat while visiting Coney Island. The answer is obviously "NO!". Nathan's is right there off where Stillwell runs into the beach, but I was not impressed with their hotdogs in Manhattan, so did not try them. There was nothing but various types of arcades and rides, like a fairground. It was not that appealing to me, but I'm sure twenty years ago, with the right friends I could have found some enjoyment.

The rest of the week spent eating at various different places around Times Square. John's Pizza was pretty good and the price was great. Some of the other techs found a great place to get either yogurt or ice cream on 7th just north of Times Square. It was good, as I had a cup of blueberry yogurt. Ate at Tony's and it was filling Italian food. We went to Dallas BBQ off of 23rd and enjoyed it. You have to eat at the Cheyenne Diner at 33rd Street and Ninth Avenue it's what you think of as the typical diner, but with really good service.

The show really gets cranked up today. Some photographers and editors are already showing up. I'm the baby in this group of techs and I'm not that young. Me and another tech are trying to get (maintain?) in shape running in the hotel athletic room. I think if I can keep this up when I get back home and build on it, I can really seriously consider a triathlon in the next month or so. Will have to see where my swimming and biking strength is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home